PRINCESS ANNE, Md. – The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Princess Anne.
Investigators said the fire broke out shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday at the one-story home at 10652 Charles Boston Road.
Twenty firefighters from the Princess Anne, Pocomoke, Mt. Vernon and Crisfield fire departments responded to the scene and got the fire under control in 10 minutes, according to investigators.
There were no reported injuries. The fire caused approximately $45,000 in damage ot the structure and another $5,000 in damage to its contents.
Authorities said the home's two occupants were in their bedroom when they noticed a power strip malfunction, which triggered the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced couple.