The Mayor will be joined by Town Planner Chris Jakubiak and City Administrator John Pick, as he addresses the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce General Membership starting at noon at the Holiday Inn on Route 13.
Mayor Ireton will outline his 2012-2020 Downtown Revitalization Plan which includes numerous goals for downtown Salisbury over the next 8 years. The goals include:
- Waterfront parking lots being developed;
- Increasing the number of jobs by 300;
- Increasing the number of housing units by 500;
- Increasing the resident population by 750;
- Increasing the commercial square footage by 100K square feet; and
- Removing 25% of impervious surface area.