Monday, May 28, 2012
Propane Tank Lodges in Bedroom Wall After Exploding
Miraculously no one was injured Sunday night when a propane tank exploded at a home on Driftwood Drive in the Pot Nets Coveside Development in Long Neck and embedded itself into a bedroom wall.
Firemen from Indian River, Lewes and Millsboro were called to the home just before 10 p.m.; firemen say the residents of the home had been cooking on the propane grill located on the porch, when the gas line caught fire and the tank exploded and crashed through the exterior sliding glass door and became lodged in a bedroom wall.
Significant damage was done to the interior of the house, including the ceiling, the bathroom, the bedroom and the hallway.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal is now investigating