The views of the authors on this website are not neccessarily the views of the website. All comments are solely the responsibility of those who write them.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

'Frosty the Snowman" Arrested Again

CHESTERTOWN, Md.- A man who was arrested while dressed up as Frosty the Snowman during last year's Chestertown Christmas Parade has been arrested again.
Last November, Chestertown police arrested 52-year-old Kevin Michael Walsh of Chestertown for allegedly attempting to kick a police dog.
Last Sunday, Chestertown police arrested Walsh on disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and related charges in connection with an incident that allegedly occurred in front of his house on High Street.
"It's a big weekend and so the policemen passed me twice, so I said, 'Leave me alone,' but not in those words," said Walsh, who was not wearing his Frosty costume at the time of the incident. "I walked toward his [police] car, then he got out of his car and I said I was done with this and I walked toward my house at which point the two officers came and arrested me."
Chestertown Police Chief Adrain Baker said Walsh is a repeat offender who time and time again makes bad decisions.
"Mr. Walsh became irate and started using a lot of profanity," Baker said. "An officer stopped and suggested Mr. Walsh go back into his residence and gave him many opportunities to cease and assist. However, Mr. Walsh continued to act inappropriately."
Walsh insists police went overboard by arresting him, but he does admit that using profanity was a mistake.
"I shouldn't have used that language," Walsh said. "I would have been better off going right in my house and not saying anything to them."
Following his arrest on the aforementioned charges, Walsh was released on his own recognizance.

No comments: