The views of the authors on this website are not neccessarily the views of the website. All comments are solely the responsibility of those who write them.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Salisbury Voters Have Mixed Feelings About Campaign 2012

SALISBURY, Md.- With Maryland's primaries less than two weeks away, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney tried to get the state on his side Wednesday.
The presidential hopeful stopped in Baltimore addressing voters about putting Americans back to work and reducing gas prices.
"I love this country, I love the people of this country," Romney said, "I love the spirit of the people of this country and I want to restore the economic vitality."
In addition to making personal appearances, Romney's first campaign ad of many is already running on local television.
Some voters like Oticia Wilkins in Salisbury had mixed reaction about Romney's stop in a predominantly Democratic state.
Wilkins said she does not see a Republican as her next president.
"I could really care less about what the Republicans are doing, " Wilkins said, "I am not going to make a decision until they completely pick their candidate but really I could care less because I am voting Democratic."
Jan Bellistri said she cannot even imagine Maryland ever turning into a red state.
"The majority of the voters in the large cities are primarily Democrat," she said. "And I know the shore is Republican but I don't think there are enough people to change that. Even though he is building steam I just don't see that happening."
Lloyd Doyle said the next administration needs a businessman like Romney to be in charge of the government.
"We are so Democratic in our state and we need to have a Republican president so I am all for it," he said. "I'll support him in anyway I can."
Primaries in Maryland are on April 3. Early voting in the state gets under way March 24

No comments: