The views of the authors on this website are not neccessarily the views of the website. All comments are solely the responsibility of those who write them.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Are You Addicted To Your Phone?

SALISBURY, Md., - Have you ever said, "I sleep with my phone under my pillow that's how important it is to me"? Well then, you just might have nomophobia. It's the fear of being without or losing your mobile device. Some people have stated, "My cell phone is very important to me. I use it for everything. From the Internet, to keeping up with my family", "I love my telephone. I use it to talk to family mostly. "I use it as a calendar to play games, and I read my books off of it."
Some side effects associated with the phobia include shortness of breath, panic attacks, dizziness, trembling, sweating, and accelerated heart rate and nausea. Some warning signs to watch out for are:

    1. Obsessively checking for your mobile device.

    2. You use it in the bathroom.

    3. You've cut back on necessities to afford your monthly cell phone bill.

    4. Or if losing reception causes some anxiety.

So if you want to overcome your cell phone addiction, admit to yourself that you are in fact addicted, set usage limits for yourself, or put the cell phone away.

No comments: